Welcome to my author's passions

This blog, is what I am passionate about, where I can share with you. Reviews, tips, hints, real help if I can, where you can share what you are passionate about!


Thursday 1 April 2010

Life as a Newbie writer

It is easy to be overwhelmed with the information out there when looking to start a new venture or career!

I have recently been reminded of the statisics I was taught when stating my last career as a newbie medical sales representative. Doctors would need an average 28 hours in the day to read and assimulate all the information that comes there way on a daily basis and that is without seeing patients.

They therefore filter information as they need to keep up to date but use the internet, journals and medical representatives to have bite size chunks of information.

So Sloanwriter has been overloaded with new information and an upward learning curve.

So what are my tips if you find yourself in this situation and do not know where to start first, filter, take your info in bite size chunks.
Make a To do list and strike off as you complete, feels very rewarding.
Take regular breaks, Mine are with my dogs and some fresh air.
Find yourself a mentor.  Mine is Nick Daws as I am following a few of his courses.
"write any book in 28 days" for example without which I would not be here.
Lastly remind yourself "Rome was not built in a day" your first career as mine did took several years to train and complete and was constantly updating.
So my new writing career is going to be an upward learning curve and hopefully I can show you through this blog, if I can do it, so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or feedback all will be responded to, love to hear from you.